So now that we’ve written a book, I’m getting a little push to “social network”, whatever that is. It seems a little self-centered to me but I’ll give it a try. So we will be crossing the Gobi Desert in China in late June in World Race 2011 in a 67 VW Beetle with no A/C. So why does a 76 year old man drive across the Gobi :
1. Because his wife wants too.
2. Because terror is superior to boredom.
3. Because the Gobi Desert is superior to the most luxurious nursing home in the world. Unless it happens to be the one that Paul Newman occupied in “Where The Money Is”
So I have some questions, because my eye drops for glaucoma must be kept at 77 degrees F. or below:
1. How hot does the Gobi get in June?
2. Do the hotels have any ice available?
3. There are hotels, right?